- Admire the Cretan landscape and the rustic views
- Explore an estate producing organic olive oil
- Wander and experience a local Cretan winery
- Enjoy an authentic Cretan meal
- Duration: +/- 6 hours – Suggested start time: 9:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered only privately for a maximum of 8 participants.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Vehicle Transport, English speaking guide, all fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
This tour will travel you through scenic countryside and offer a journey in the island’s farming and culinary trails with an intimate perspective of today’s Crete. Visits will include an estate producing olive oil , a local winery and a rustic family run eatery. Biolea, our first stop, is an ecological prototype farm cultivated by 5th generation owners that promote the traditional way of organic olive oil production – the olive oil is stone milled and cold pressed. We will be guided around their premises and have an olive-oil tasting, accompanied by the owners.
Continuing our exploration through a verdant landscape with orange and olive groves, we will visit a quaint winery, the realization of a lifelong dream of a Greek-American owner, who was born and raised in this small village. Escorted by an expert, you will be navigate around the grounds and then taste their excellent wines. Driving along the foothills of the White Mountains, we will enjoy a delicious Cretan meal, a family run tavern that enjoys a great setting before the return journey to your hotel in the late afternoon.