- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the panoramic views
- Explore the ancient monuments of the Acropolis in Athens
- Experience the glory of the Parthenon
- Wander the galleries of the Acropolis Museum
- Duration: +/- 4 hours – Suggested start time: 8:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Transport, GNTO Licensed English speaking guide, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
The striking contrast between the breathtaking monuments of a glorious past and modern elegant structures is what you will enjoy during your Athens Landmarks Tour. Visit the Acropolis, the crowning beauty and glory of Ancient Athens, with its many monuments atop its rocky base, including the awesome Parthenon, the Propylea, the temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion, with its Porch of Maidens. You will visit the Roman Temple of Olympic Zeus, the Panathenean Stadium (the site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896), the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House overlooking Constitution Square. Admire the views of government buildings and elegant structures of the 19th century. Drive along Panepistimiou Avenue and view the Cathedral of the Catholic Church, the Academy, University and the National Library. Your tour will conclude with a visit to the Acropolis Museum, a marvel of architecture with a full exhibition of the glory of Ancient Athens.