- Admire the panoramic views of the Saronic Gulf
- Explore the Temple of Poseidon
- Experience the scenic drive along the Athenian Riviera
- Duration: +/- 3.5 hours – Suggested start time: 3:00 pm
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Transport, GNTO Licensed English speaking guide, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
This tour includes a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road of the Saronic Gulf passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs such as Glyfada, the lake of Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Sounion has been a sacred site since ancient times. The “sanctuary of Sounion” is first mentioned in the Odyssey, as the place where Menelaus stopped during his return from Troy to bury his helmsman, Phrontes Onetorides. Archaeological evidence has shown that there were two organized places of worship on the cape by the 7th century BC: a sanctuary of Poseidon at the southern edge and a sanctuary of Athena about 500 meters to the northeast.