- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the views from the Venetian Harbor
- Experience authentic food shops and eateries
- Enjoy tastings and local treats
- Wander the narrow cobblestone paths within the castle walls of Chania
- Duration: +/- 2.5 hours – Suggested start time: 9:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: English speaking guide, all fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
This tour connects you with the city’s essence that is made complete by delicious food and warm, outgoing people. Join our knowledgeable guide to this mouth-watering walk around Chania’s historical district that combines a stroll through its most important sites and visits to authentic and colorful food shops and eateries.
We will get a glimpse into the past and living history of Chania, architecture and lifestyle as we walk the town while exploring Crete’s flavors and aromas. We will speak with the people behind the scenes and taste local culinary delights, such as the syrupy “loukoumades”, traditional “bougatsa” pie, honey, rusks, olives, herbs & spices. An easy walking pace is followed with rests that make the tour suitable for all fitness levels.