- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the views from the Venetian Harbor
- Explore the ancient monuments of the Archaeological Museum
- Experience the glory of the Etz Hayim Synagogue
- Wander the narrow cobblestone paths within the castle walls of Chania
- Duration: +/- 2.5 hours – Suggested start time: 9:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: English speaking guide, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
This specially designed tour around the old town and Venetian port will reveal Chania’s status as a cultural crossroads. The walk will allow you to visit the most important sites, such as the Venetian fortifications, the Arsenals, the Greek Orthodox Cathedral, the Roman Catholic cathedral, the old Jewish and Turkish quarters behind the inner harbor. The tour will also bring out plenty of hidden spots off the beaten track, which reflect the mix of influences that has given Chania its very unique atmosphere. A walk through time, the tour promises to help you gain an understanding of how the city’s multi layered history has unfolded. While it has been well researched and planned, it is designed to be informal and “loosely” organised to allow for flexibilities that can add to your pleasure.