- Admire the significant landmarks and soak in the authentic views of the Cyclades
- Experience the glory of Sarakiniko
- Visit the picturesque village of Plaka and Klima
- Swim the crystal waters of Palaiochori and Provatas
- Duration: +/- 8 hours – Suggested start time: 10:00 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Transport, English-speaking guide, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
Discover Milos is a specially curated full day tour to discover the incredible volcanic island of Milos. Your first visit is the Papafragkas Cave, a cluster of deep-sea inlets and sea caves that was shaped by volcanic activity and you can admire the clear turquoise waters; people do swim and snorkel here. You will continue your drive along the eye-catching north coastline, towards Sarakiniko, an inlet of pure white stone sculpted by volcanic eruptions. This beautiful, out-of-this-world spot is one of the island’s many geological wonders and perhaps one of the most photographed places in the Cyclades. You will take a walkdown the inlet so you can experience this one-of-a-kind beach and take photographs. From there, you will continue along the coast towards Plaka and its cobble streets and alleys.
Plaka is a classic Cycladic village with white stone houses and bougainvillea flowers, perched 250 meters above the Aegean. You will walk through the village to admire its traditional architecture and its stunning view over the bay of Adamas, and you will taste some homemade desserts at the village’s local pastry shops. From there, you will head to the village of Trypiti, where the early Christian Catacombs lay along with the ruins of the ancient city of Klima. On the way to the Catacombs, we shall also visit the site where Venus de Milo was discovered in 1820. From the archaeological site, you will continue to the port of the ancient city of Milos is now the fishing village of Klima. The colorful doors and the seafront create a picture that summarizes the essence of a Greek island! After a day of sightseeing, indulge in a cool swim and drinks in the crystal waters of Palaiochori or Provatas beach. Each beach offers changing facilities, beach bars and restaurants. (Water sports in Palaiochori).
Important Note: The itinerary can change at the discretion of the guide to ensure the best possible experience of the visitors. The beach can change
according to prevailing weather conditions.