- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the authentic Cretan landscape
- Explore Knossos Palace and the Minoan ruins
- Experience the historical center of Heraklion
- Wander through the collection of the Archaeological Museum
- Duration: +/- 9 hours – Suggested start time: 8:00 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered only privately for a maximum of 8 participants.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Transport, GNTO Licensed English speaking guide, lunch, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
A full day tour that explores the Palace of Knossos and the nearby city of Heraklion. The palace is one of the major must-see archaeological sites in Greece, presenting visitors with a rare glimpse into Minoan civilization. Accompanied by a award winning guide who will offer in-depth personal attention, you will walk around the ruins and excavations of the vast ancient palace, and learn about the Greek mythological tales that are linked to it.
After exploring the labyrinth of corridors and rooms on the Knossos tour, you will travel into central Heraklion for a walk around its historical center and main sites and a visit to the recently renovated Archaeological Museum. The most magnificent collection of Minoan art and culture in the world is housed in this museum, that is one of the most visited ones Greece, with an exhibition of artifacts, covering a period of 5,000 years.