- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the authentic Cretan landscape
- Experience the rugged region of Sfakia
- Visit the authentic and unspoiled Sweetwater Beach
- Enjoy a lunch by the waterfront in Loutro
- Duration: +/- 9 hours – Suggested start time: 8:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered only privately for a maximum of 6 persons.
- Practicalities: Tour requires extensive amount of walking; comfortable shoes, hat, swimwear, sunglasses and beach towel are recommended.
- Tour Includes:Round Trip vehicle transport, English-speaking guide, all fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include:Personal expenses and gratuities for guide (non-compulsory).
This sun-drenched tour provides you with an opportunity to experience a deeper Crete in the rugged region of Sfakia in the south. The tour combines breathtaking vistas, mountain villages and a crystal-clear sea. The adventure begins with a scenic drive through the mountains and the fertile Askyfou plateau, where we stop for a local snack. Reaching the port of Sfakia we will take a short boat sail to the post-card perfect Sweetwater Beach, one of the best beaches on the island, so called because of its fresh spring water that bubbles under the surface. After enjoying a refreshing swim, you can either follow your guide to an hour’s coastal hike or take the boat sail to the village of Loutro for a late lunch by the waterfront. In the late afternoon we will take the boat back to Sfakia and hit the road back to Chania.