- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the authentic Cretan landscape
- Experience the impressive Fortress of Koules
- Visit the authentic and unspoiled village of Maheri
- Enjoy lunch at a rustic family –run tavern
- Duration: +/- 6 hours – Suggested start time: 9:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered only privately for a maximum of 6 persons.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip vehicle transport, English-speaking guide, lunch, all fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Transportation and gratuities for guide (non-compulsory).
Driving towards the Akrotiri peninsula, our first visit is to the monastery of Agia Triada Tzagarolon. Built in the 17th century, with a majestic cruciform church, it is set on a wonderfully overgrown landscape of olive groves, vineyards and cypress trees. We will visit the premises and learn about their great produce of organic olive oil and wine. Continuing our drive towards the verdant province of Apokoronas, we will stop by the Fortress of Koules, set on an impressive position with views over Souda Gulf. Our next stop is at the tiny Maheri, one of the most authentic and unspoilt Cretan villages for a stroll around its alleys and refreshments at a typical ‘kafenion’. The tour will then take us further inland and we will visit the studio of a known local ceramicist. The house, featured many times in Greek and international press, is an excellent example of traditional architecture, renovated in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside. Continuing our scenic drive along the foothills of the White Mountains, we will stop for a delicious rustic meal at a family-run tavern, located on a privileged vista point overlooking the valley and the sea beyond. Your will return to your hotel in the late afternoon.