- Admire significant landmarks and soak in the rustic views of the Peloponnese
- Experience the glory of Ancient Corinth
- Visit the ancient city of Mycenae and Nafplion
- Stroll around the wonderful vineyards and wineries of Nemea
- Duration: +/- 9.5 hours – Suggested start time: 8:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered only privately for a maximum of 8 persons.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip vehicle transport, GNTO Licensed English-speaking guide, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
Your tour departs from Athens and begins with a visit to Ancient Corinth. You can admire the Long Walls that begin at the summit of Acro-Corinth and descend all the way to Lechaion, the artificial harbor on the Corinthian Gulf, the Agora, the Dorian Temple of Apollo [6th c. BC with 1st c. AD restorations], the museum which contains mosaic floors, Mycenaean and Corinthian pottery, terra cotta sphinxes, statues of two supernatural beings, and small objects of various kinds, and the steps where St Paul preached. Your journey continues with a visit to the Corinth Canal (which is about 6 km long and connects the Aegean Sea with the Ionian Sea). After a short refreshment break, your journey will continue to Mycenae (where you will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Grave Circle A with 6 royal tombs, courtiers’ houses, sanctuaries, the Grave Circle B with 14 royal tombs and 12 tombs of private citizens, the Treasure of Atreus also known as the beehive tomb of Agamemnon, and the Lions Gate.
From there you will continue to Nafplion (where you can admire / climb up the 999 steps to the Venetian fortress of Palamidi crowning the city and wander around the battlements of Acronafplia. Your tour will continue to your last stop of the most famous wineries of Nemea. Stroll around the vineyards and winery, learn about the various Greek grape types and savor the unique local wine varieties. Learn about the philosophy and the story behind the wine making process. You can enjoy a wine tour and indulge in a wine tasting of Greek varieties paired with wonderful tapas.