- Admire the panoramic views of the Omalos Plateau
- Experience hiking one of the most famous and deepest gorges in Europe
- Soak in the crystal waters of Agia Roumeli
- Visit the picturesque village of Sfakia
- Duration: +/- 12 hours – Suggested start time: 7:00 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: The hike is long & strenuous. The tour is only suitable for guests that are fit,
exercise regularly and have some experience in walking long distances.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Vehicle Transport, English speaking guide, all entrance fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
Enjoy a guided 16 kilometer hike through the longest and most impressive of Europe’s limestone gorges, a magnificent example of Crete’s many gorges, stretching from the White Mountains down to the Libyan sea. You depart early in the morning and passing through several beautiful villages when you reach the plateau of Omalos. Your hike will last approximately 6 hours and will take you, along a breathtaking and constantly changing landscape, to Agia Roumeli, a laid back coastal village by the South coast, accessible only by boat.
The tour will allow you a chance to experience this must-see natural phenomenon at a slower pace, attended to by a specialized guide. At the base of the gorge you can enjoy a refreshing swim and lunch at one of the local tavernas. After an hour’s sail to the nearby port, you will be transferred back to Chania in the evening.