- Explore cultural sites and historical areas of Athens
- Experience the “Varvakeios Agora”
- Visit authentic food shops that locals cherish
- The chance to taste recipes passed down through generations
- Duration: +/- 5 hours – Suggested start time: 10:00 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered only privately for a maximum of 6 persons.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: English-speaking guide, all fees and taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include:Transportation and gratuities for guide (non-compulsory).
The Tastes of Athens Food Tour is a fantastic food fest. This private food lovers experience around the most scenic areas of Athens uncovers an unbelievably delicious food lover’s experience. The meeting point where the tour begins is the Acropolis train station, its actual stop is Makriyianni / Dionysiou Areopagitou. The tour begins with a morning walk through Plaka, under the shadow of the Acropolis. As you stroll through Plaka, you will discover vibrant markets and you will taste your way through the traditional local food shops. During your walk, you will discuss the origins of certain recipes before you arrive at an old delicatessen. While there, you will enjoy bites of the best artisanal products from all regions of Greece. Tastes of selected artisanal olive oils, cheese, aromatic kinds of fine wines, wild varieties of honey and other delicacies around a well-prepared degustation table.