- Admire the Cretan culinary journey as a local shares their traditions
- Explore the local markets as you shop for your hands on journey
- Experience preparing an authentic Cretan lunch with wine
- Practice with a recipes booklet and an overstuffed gift bag with local products
- Duration: +/- 5 hours – Suggested start time: 9:30 am
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group.
- Practicalities: Menu dependent on season and can be adjusted to meet any dietary restrictions.
- Tour Includes: Round Trip Transport, English speaking guide, all fees & taxes.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
Tastes of Crete is a hands-on journey through Crete’s culinary traditions for food lovers and cooking enthusiasts. An insight into regional cuisine, a key element of the island’s culture, this creative market to table activity highlights the simple, seasonal foods of Crete. Friendly and informal, it features a visit to the lively local market, with tastings, followed by hands-on instruction and lunch at a 17th century farmhouse surrounded by organic gardens, just a short drive from Chania. The location has been selected for its character and ambiance, which makes for a perfect backdrop.
Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, guests discover how to prepare a number of Cretan dishes under the directions of a local cook. Those who prefer to take a less active role may choose to just relax and appreciate the atmosphere. Our fun experience culminates at the table, where together, drinking Cretan wines, we will enjoy the food and the company.