- Admire the culinary journey of Milos as a local shares their traditions
- Explore the local areas of Pollonia, Plaka, and Paliochori
- Enjoy tastings and local treats at some of the best places on the island
- Experience the unique tasting of food cooked in the volcanic sand of Milos
- Duration: +/- 6 hours – Suggested start time: 1:00 pm
- Tour Size: The tour can be offered privately or escorted within a small group of 6.
- Practicalities: Tour requires a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes & a hat are recommended.
- Tour Includes: Snacks and refreshments, maps and vehicle transportation.
- Tour Does Not Include: Personal expenses and gratuities for guide and driver (non-compulsory).
Besides its history and natural beauty, the heart and soul of Milos is its flourishing gastronomy; from traditional local recipes that date decades ago tothe modern impressive wide range of restaurants that offer top notch flavors and quality of services, without diverging from the spirit of the localproduction. For the visitor, the thrill is to explore the local flavors and for the gastronomy aficionados, this private tour of local products and recipes canbe perfectly paired with an exclusive wine tasting session. With this tour, we will embark on a journey to visit the main units of production of localproducts, such as wine and cheese, and enjoy the most typical delicacies of Milos with stops in the most renowned restaurants of the island, exploringthe island at the same time. The tour includes stops in Pollonia, our first stop in the gastronomic capital of Milos, right after the wine tasting session, fora first bite of local savory delicacies, like tomato fritters or pitarakia, then on to Koufeto stop, still in Pollonia, a visit to one of the most renowned familyowned pastry shops, to taste the Koufeto, the traditional local desert -Plaka, for the Karpouzopita stop, to visit the capital of Milos and explore theunique taste of the local watermelon pie, continuing on to Plaka, for a short savory stop in one of the best restaurants of the village, to explore anothertraditional recipe, Paliochori, the volcanic food stop, in the south coast of Milos, for the unique experience to taste food cooked in the volcanic sand andfinally a Winery in Pollonia, to explore the local wine varieties in a special winery, located in a cave.
Important Note: Please advise in advance of any food allergies.